Saturday 25 October 2014

Thinly spread on wide ground

So recently, I managed to get a new job. It starts less than a week after I finish at this one, means that I get the weekend of my birthday off, and it sounds brilliant - will train and fund me for my exams, help me train Nomad - everything I want. I'm chuffed.

The only problem is that because I finish here on the 1st and start on the 5th, I don't get much of a chance to see anyone. Deri and I will get a weekend together which I'm excited for every day except for today (only because I'm exhausted and sad that I feel like I'm letting people down) because it's something we both need - time to ourselves, away from it all.
Then on Monday, my birthday, I will be going to Brighton, leaving Oxford at about midday, then will have to work out how to see my mum, dad, brother and a, I hope, a few friends while I'm there.
Because my parents aren't together, this takes two sittings. Luckily, Pod can be at either or both; it's just tricky to actually see them for a decent amount of time-- and now that I have one night, it'll be even harder. I don't know how to keep in touch with people properly any more! Here's to hoping that I don't lose the remainder of my friends or diminish the relationship I have with my dad.

I guess what I need to do is just take more time. Because you can't squeeze relationships into the gaps left by other things, not rally. Each relationship needs it's own time, dedication and space. I just don't know how or when I can give my wonderful family the time they deserve. Fingers crossed that I get Christmas off.....!

Roll on the biggest days.
Nos da.
Cait.X

1 comment:

Silver Singing Egret said...

Good luck on the new job. Having parents that are separated/divorces always makes getting together tricky. I went through that with my parents and while it's always nice to see people it gets a bit tiring!